Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Passive transfer of immunity in kid goats fed refrigerated and frozen goat colostrum and commercial sheep colostrum.Small Rumin. Res. 2004; 54: 237-241
- Rumen development, intestinal growth and hepatic metabolism in the pre- and postweaning ruminant.J. Dairy Sci. 2004; 87: E55-E65
- Invited review: Animal-based indicators for on-farm welfare assessment for dairy goats.J. Dairy Sci. 2014; 97: 6625-664825242423
- Transmission of small ruminant lentiviruses.Vet. Microbiol. 2004; 101: 199-20815223124
- The role of the goat in society: Past, present and perspectives for the future.Small Rumin. Res. 2005; 60: 13-23
CARC (Canadian Agri-Food Research Council). 2003. Codes of Practice for the Care and Handling of Farm Animals: Goats. Accessed Sep. 14, 2015. https://www.nfacc.ca/pdfs/codes/goat_code_of_practice.pdf.
- Lactation persistency: Insights from mammary cell proliferation studies.J. Anim. Sci. 2003; 81: 18-3115000403
- Effects of lyophilized colostrum and different colostrum feeding regimens on passive transfer of immunoglobulin G in Majorera goat kids.J. Dairy Sci. 2005; 88: 3650-365416162539
- Effect of feeding space on the inter-cow distance, aggression, and feeding behavior of free-stall housed lactating dairy cows.J. Dairy Sci. 2004; 87: 1432-143815290991
- Characterization of a changing relationship between milk production and liveweight for dairy goats undergoing extended lactation.J. Dairy Sci. 2013; 96: 5698-571123849638
- Feeding management and characteristics of rations for high-producing dairy cows in freestall herds.J. Dairy Sci. 2010; 93: 822-82920105555
- Dairy goat production systems.Trop. Anim. Health Prod. 2013; 45: 17-3422890482
- Reproductive cycle of goats.Anim. Reprod. Sci. 2011; 124: 211-21920888155
- Invited review: Feeding behavior of goats.J. Anim. Sci. 2010; 88: 361-37319783702
Government of Canada. 2015. Goat Milk Production in Canada. Accessed Aug. 24, 2015. http://www.dairyinfo.gc.ca/pdf/prod_goatmilk_can_e.pdf.
- Past, present, and future perspectives of small ruminant dairy research.J. Dairy Sci. 2001; 84: 2097-211511573791
- The goat in ancient civilisations: From the Fertile Crescent to the Aegean Sea.Small Rumin. Res. 2004; 51: 123-129
- Stocking density and feed barrier design affect the feeding and social behavior of dairy cattle.J. Dairy Sci. 2006; 89: 126-13316357274
- Evaluation of quality, quantity, and timing of colostrum feeding on immunoglobulin G1 absorption in Jersey calves.J. Dairy Sci. 2005; 88: 296-30215591392
- Feed intake and social interactions in dairy goats—The effects of feeding space and type of roughage.Appl. Anim. Behav. Sci. 2007; 107: 239-251
- Grazing behavior and diet selection of goats.Small Rumin. Res. 1988; 1: 205-216
- Compartmentalization of small ruminant lentivirus between blood and colostrum in infected goats.Virology. 2007; 369: 119-13017719071
- Nutritional practices on Manitoba dairy farms.Can. J. Anim. Sci. 2004; 84: 501-509
- Effects of passive immunity on growth and survival in the dairy heifer.J. Dairy Sci. 1988; 71: 1283-12873135297
- Effect of pregnancy and extended lactation on milk production in dairy goats milked once daily.J. Dairy Sci. 2005; 88: 3894-390416230695
- Recent advances in exploiting goats’ milk: Quality, safety and production aspects.Small Rumin. Res. 2010; 89: 110-124
- Associations between herd-level feeding management practices, feed sorting, and milk production in freestall dairy farms.J. Dairy Sci. 2013; 96: 4759-477023660144
- Seroprevalence of small ruminant lentivirus infection in Ontario goat herds.Small Rumin. Res. 2013; 114: 284-288
- Passive transfer of colostral immunoglobulins in calves.J. Vet. Intern. Med. 2000; 14: 569-57711110376