Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Producer ability to estimate market hog weight.J. Anim. Sci. 1992; 70 (Abstr.): 1781582905
- Evaluation of alternative techniques to determine pork carcass value.J. Anim. Sci. 1992; 70: 18-281582906
- Optimal slaughter weights under alternative price systems.J. Agric. Appl. Econ. 1993; 25: 148-163
- Economic replacement of a heterogeneous herd.Am. J. Agric. Econ. 2007; 89: 24-35
Hubbs, T., P. V. Preckel, A. P. Schinckel, J. Deen, K. A. Foster, S. E. Curtis, and E. W. Johnson. 2008. The new economics of livestock production management. No. 6146 in Proc. Am. Agric. Econ. Assoc. Annu. Meet., Orlando, FL. Accessed Jun. 6, 2016. http://ageconsearch.umn.edu/bitstream/6146/2/469436.pdf.
IPC. 2013. Indiana Packers Corporation. Procurement Program. Indiana Packers Corp., Delphi, IN.
- Pig procurement plan considering pig growth and size distribution.Comput. Ind. Eng. 2013; 64: 886-894
Korthals, R. L. 2001. Monitoring growth and statistical variation of grow-finish swine. Pages 64–71 in Proc. 6th Int. Conf. Livest. Environ. ASAE Publication Number 701P0201, Louisville, KY.
- Technical Note: Development of a procedure to reproduce the variance and relationships amongst carcass measurements and the weight of primal and subprimal lean cuts.Prof. Anim. Sci. 2013; 29: 83-88
- Analysis of economically optimal nutrition and marketing strategies for Paylean® usage in hog production.J. Agric. Res. Econ. 2003; 28: 272-286
- A generalized Michaelis-Menten equation for the analysis of growth.J. Anim. Sci. 2000; 78: 1816-182810907823
- The relationship between different pork carcass lean yield definitions and the market carcass value.Meat Sci. 2007; 75: 94-10222063416
McBride, W. D., and N. Key. 2003. Economic and Structural Relationships in US Hog Production. USDA, Washington, DC.
Mérour, I., and S. Hermesch. 2008. Variation and trends for weight of individual carcass cuts. Pig Genetics Workshop, Armidale, Australia. Accessed Oct. 14, 2015. http://agbu.une.edu.au/pig_genetics/pdf/2008/Paper%2010_IM_Variation%20and%20trends.pdf.
- A linear programming model for optimal pork marketing.Ann. Oper. Res. 2008; 190: 271-287
- Evaluation of alternative coordination systems between producers and packers in the pork value chain.Int. Food Agribus. Manage. Rev. 2003; 6: 65-93
- Case Study: Use of statistics to quantify the magnitude of errors in the sorting of pigs for marketing in 3 finishing barns.Prof. Anim. Sci. 2016; 32: 507-515
Schinckel, A., P. Preckel, M. Einstein, T. Hubbs, and B. Richert. 2008a. Impact of increasing feed prices on the optimal market weights and marketing strategy of finishing pigs. Purdue Ext. Pub. FF-403W. Purdue Univ., West Lafayette, IN. Accessed Jun. 6, 2016. https://www.extension.purdue.edu/extmedia/AS/FF-403-W.pdf.
Schinckel, A. P. 2011. Can the growth and carcass characteristics of market hogs be manipulated by nutrition? Pages 165–181 in Proc. ANAC East. Nutr. Conf., Montreal, Canada. Anim. Nutr. Assoc. Canada, Ottawa, Canada.
- Evaluation of alternative nonlinear mixed effects models of swine growth.Prof. Anim. Sci. 2002; 81: 219-226
- Evaluation of different mixed model nonlinear functions to describe the body weight growth of pigs of different sire and dam lines.Prof. Anim. Sci. 2009; 25: 307-324
- Development of a stochastic model of pig growth to evaluate the impact of birth and 21 day body weight and potential sorting strategies on the body composition growth and lysine requirements of pigs.Prof. Anim. Sci. 2009; 25: 663-688
- Daily feed intake, energy intake, growth rate and measures of dietary energy efficiency of pigs from four sire lines fed diets with high or low metabolizable and net energy concentrations.Asian-Australas. J. Anim. Sci. 2012; 25: 410-42025049580
- The impact of feeding diets of high or low energy concentration on carcass measurements and the weight of primal and subprimal lean cuts.Asian-Australas. J. Anim. Sci. 2012; 25: 531-54025049594
- Use of mixed model nonlinear functions to adjust pig growth and measurement data.Prof. Anim. Sci. 2012; 28: 473-476
- Evaluation of sources of variation for the weight of five pork primal and subprimal cut weights.Prof. Anim. Sci. 2013; 29: 75-82
- Development of a stochastic pig compositional growth model.Prof. Anim. Sci. 2003; 19: 255-260
Schinckel, A. P., P. V. Preckel, B. Richert, K. Foster, N. Li, K. Boys, J. T. Hubbs, and D. Canchi. 2008b. Pork production systems analyses, current status-future potential. Proc. PIC Int. Thinking Forward Symp. Genus-PIC, Hendersonville, TN. p 56–104.