Materials and Methods
Results and Discussion
Implications and Applications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
ASABE (American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers). 2008. Standard ANSI/ASAE S319.4. Methods of Determining and Expressing Fineness of Feed Materials by Sieving. Trans. ASABE, St. Joseph, MO.
- Effect of cereal grain type and corn grain harvesting and processing methods on intake, digestion, and milk production by dairy cows through a meta-analysis..https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2012-593223164230J. Dairy Sci. 2013; 96: 533-550
- Effects of grain variability and processing on starch utilization by lactating dairy cattle..10.2527/jas2001.79E-SupplE218xJ. Anim. Sci. 2001; 79: E218-E238
- Determination of dietary starch in animal feeds and pet food by an enzymatic-colorimetric method: Collaborative study..https://doi.org/10.5740/jaoacint.15-01225905746J. AOAC Int. 2015; 98: 397-409
- Influence of ensiling time and inoculation on alteration of the starch-protein matrix in high-moisture corn..https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2010-356221524538J. Dairy Sci. 2011; 94: 2465-2474
- A query for effective mean particle size in dry and high-moisture corns..https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2011-512622612982J. Dairy Sci. 2012; 95: 3467-3477
- Starch utilization by ruminants: From basics to the bunk..https://doi.org/10.2527/1997.753852x9078506J. Anim. Sci. 1997; 75: 852-867
- Technical note: A method to quantify prolamin proteins in corn which are negatively related to starch digestibility in ruminants..https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2008-137819038959J. Dairy Sci. 2008; 91: 4834-4839
- Effect of the protein matrix on the digestion of cereal grains by ruminal microorganisms..https://doi.org/10.2527/1993.711205x7681053J. Anim. Sci. 1993; 71: 205-212
- Influence of genotype and ensiling of corn grain on in situ degradation of starch in the rumen..https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(98)75796-09749384J. Dairy Sci. 1998; 81: 2178-2184
- Effects of vitreousness and particle size of maize grain on ruminal and intestinal in sacco degradation of dry matter, starch and nitrogen..https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anifeedsci.2008.04.005Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 2009; 148: 253-266
One of the authors works for Rock River Laboratory Inc., which provided funding. Minor contributions were received from Masters Choice Seed Corn. Representatives from Cooperative Feed Dealers, Landmark Services Cooperative, Medford Cooperative, and Masters Choice Seed Corn submitted samples to this project. The authors currently consult for Masters Choice Seed Corn; however, the consulting relationship did not exist when this study was conducted.