Materials and Methods
Results and Discussion
Implications and Applications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Progress in understanding ovarian follicular dynamics in cattle..Theriogenology. 2008; 69: 72-80
- Progestin-induced puberty and secretion of luteinizing hormone in heifers..Biol. Reprod. 1996; 54: 1025-1031
- Evaluation of a modified GnRH-based timed-AI protocol associated with estrus detection in beef heifers inseminated with sex-selected or conventional semen..Theriogenology. 2018; 118: 90-95
- Extending interval from seventeen to nineteen days in the melengestrol acetate-prostaglandin estrous synchronization program for heifers..Prof. Anim. Sci. 2000; 16: 164-168
- Reproductive response of ewes synchronized with different lengths of MGA treatments in intrauterine insemination program..Anim. Reprod. Sci. 2011; 126: 57-60
- Effect of GnRH injection at −72 h in MGA-PG estrus synchronization protocol..J. Anim. Sci. 2019; 97: 122
- The effect of melengestrol acetate (MGA) on ovarian function and fertilization in beef heifers..Biol. Reprod. 1971; 4: 16-22
- Repeatability of 2-wave and 3-wave patterns of ovarian follicular development during the bovine estrous cycle..Theriogenology. 2009; 72: 81-90
- Effectiveness of heat detection patches for determining cyclicity status in peripubertal heifers..Kansas Agric. Exp. Stn. Res. Rep. 2016; 2
- Altering duration of the presynchronization period in a long-term progestin-based estrus synchronization protocol for timed artificial insemination of beef heifers..Theriogenology. 2019; 136: 66-71
- Comparison of long-term progestin-based estrus synchronization protocols in beef heifers..J. Anim. Sci. 2010; 88: 3568-3578
- Comparison of two MGA-PGF2α systems for synchronization of estrus in beef heifers..Theriogenology. 1994; 42: 951-961
Patterson, D. J., D. C. Busch, N. R. Leitman, D. J. Wilson, D. A. Mallory, and M. F. Smith. 2007. Estrus synchronization protocols for heifers. Pages 63–97 in Proc. Appl. Reprod. Strateg. Billings, Montana. Accessed Aug. 15, 2022. https://www.iowabeefcenter.org/estrussynch/revheifer.pdf.
Ray, D. E. 1961. Effect of exogenous progesterone on reproductive activity in the beef heifer. PhD Diss. Iowa State Univ. Sci. Technol., Ames, IA. https://lib.dr.iastate.edu/rtd/2416.
- The Sand Hills at a glance..Rangelands. 1998; 20: 10-12
Smith, J. M., L. R. Corah, G. C. Lamb, and A. R. Spell. 1995. Pregnancy rates in MGA-prostaglandin synchronized heifers bred at estrus or inseminated at fixed times. Kansas Agric. Exp. Stn. Res. Rep. 0(1):106–108. https://doi.org/10.4148/2378-5977.1993.
- Control of ovulation in cattle with melengestrol acetate..J. Reprod. Fertil. 1966; 11: 185-191
- Safety and pharmacologic evaluations of melengestrol acetate in cattle and other animals. A review..J. Am. Vet. Med. Assoc. 1970; 157: 1528-1536
The authors have not declared any conflicts of interest.