Materials and Methods
Results and Discussion
Implications and Applications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Comparison of corn coproducts and corn residue bales with alfalfa mixed hay on beef cow-calf performance, lactation, and feed costs.Prof. Anim. Sci. 2010; 26: 356-364https://doi.org/10.15232/S1080-7446(15)30615-X
- Influence of pre-partum nutrition on the reproductive performance of beef females and the performance of their progeny.J. Anim. Sci. 1975; 41: 819-824https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1975.413819x
- Timing of realimentation of mature cows that were feed-restricted during preg- nancy influences calf birth weights and growth rates.J. Anim. Sci. 2000; 78: 2790-2796https://doi.org/10.2527/2000.78112790x
- Nebraska Farm Real Estate Market Highlights 2012–2013.Nebraska Farm Real Estate Reports. 10. 2013 (Accessed Jan. 15, 2022)
- Winter grazing system and supplementation during late gestation in- fluence performance of beef cows and steer progeny.J. Anim. Sci. 2009; 87: 1147-1155https://doi.org/10.2527/jas.2008-1323
- Influence of pre-partum body condition score change on reproduction in mul- tiparous beef cows calving in moderate body condition.J. Anim. Sci. 1999; 77: 1048-1054https://doi.org/10.2527/1999.7751048x
- Relation- ship between body condition score at calving and reproductive perfor- mance in young postpartum cows grazing native range.J. Anim. Sci. 2012; 90: 2811-2817https://doi.org/10.2527/jas.2011-4189
- Challenges to predicting productivity of grazing ruminants: Where to now?.Pages 180–188 in Proc 4th Grazing Livest. Nutr. Conf. West. Sect. Am. Soc. Anim. Sci. 2010
- Nutrition and postpartum rebreeding in cattle.J. Anim. Sci. 1990; 68: 853-862https://doi.org/10.2527/1990.683853x
- Physiological mechanisms controlling anestrus and infertility in postpartum beef cattle.J. Anim. Sci. 1990; 68: 799-816https://doi.org/10.2527/1990.683799x
- Effects of pre- and postpartum nutrition on repro- duction in spring calving cows and calf feedlot performance.J. Anim. Sci. 2006; 84: 2582-2589https://doi.org/10.2527/jas.2005-640
- Nutrition during mid to late gestation affects growth, adipose tissue deposition, and tenderness in cross-bred beef steers.Meat Sci. 2010; 86: 588-593https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2010.04.008
- Stocking rate and grazing frequency effects on Nebraska Sandhills meadows.J. Range Manage. 2004; 57: 553-560https://doi.org/10.2307/4003987
- Carcass composition in mature Hereford cows: Estimation and effect on daily metabolizable energy requirement during winter.J. Anim. Sci. 1988; 66: 603-612https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1988.663603x
- Precalving Nutrition/Birth Weight Inter- action and Rebreeding Efficiency.The Range Beef Cow Symp. 214Cheyenne, WYhttps://digitalcommons.unl.edu/rangebeefcowsymp/214?utm_source=digitalcommons.unl.edu %2Frangebeefcowsymp %2F214 &utm _medium =PDF&utm_campaign=PDFCoverPagesDate: 1993Date accessed: January 15, 2022
- Effect of energy level on reproductive phenomena of mature Hereford cows.J. Anim. Sci. 1962; 21: 219-225https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1962.212219x
The authors have not declared any conflicts of interest.